2013 CNB Photo Contest!
City National Bank & Trust is looking for the best photos that capture the beauty of our local communities. If your photo is chosen, it will be showcased in our 2014 wall calendar.
We will accept photos with a minimum resolution of 2,288 pixels by 1,712 pixels or higher. Preferred resolution dimensions are 3,600 pixels by 2,700 pixels.
Tips and Tricks for a Good Photo
1. Do not “bump up” the size or “touch up” your photo by using image-editing software (such as Photoshop). We want original, un-retouched photographs.
2. Do not crop your photo below the minimal submission requirements.
3. Do not open then “resave” your photo with a new name, especially when resaving a JPEG. This will reduce the quality.
4. Do not scan a photo to produce a digital file. Home scanners do not yield satisfactory results.
5. Do not incorporate people or vehicles in your photos. We want to capture a beauty that will suit the taste of all our communities.
Resolution Settings on Your Camera
Before you begin taking photos, set your camera for the highest resolution possible. Many cameras have settings such as “Standard,” “Normal,” “High Quality,” or “Super High Quality.” Depending on your camera, the resolution settings could range from 72 ppi to 300 ppi. We need photos with a resolution size of 300 ppi in order to make sure the photo prints clearly.